Based in East Sussex, Hannah is a Chartered Psychologist specialising in careers guidance and talent management. She has experience of working with individuals from across the age range, within schools and with private sector and public sector organisations.
I have undertaken job analyses in order to design selection and development processes for wide ranging roles and different levels of seniority.
For the police I worked with junior finger print officers through to senior forensic scientists and within the salad growing industry I have worked with growers and packers in the fields up to director and board level in supermarkets.
These experiences led me to recognise the importance of job-person 'fit'; the importance of ensuring that an individual is equipped with the right competences to carry out a role effectively and also to consider other perspectives such as personality and organisational culture. Recognising that different individuals have different ideas as to what the 'right' work life balance might be.
I believe passionately in lifelong learning and on-going career development. It is essential that children, young people and adults receive effective career education to ensure that the choices they make are more than planned happenstance and will serve to facilitate them in acheiveing their full potential in their chosen career.
I was asked recently what makes me enthusiastic about work;
I love the fact that I can draw on my experience of assessing and training in different organisations and bring added value to my one to one guidance work. This offers me insight from both sides of the fence, which in turn means I can really provide something extra to my clients. In horse racing terms, I do often feel that I am getting a sneaky run up the inside rail, always a reason to be enthusiastic!
- Chartered Psychologist
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society
- Member of the Special Group in Coaching Psychology
- Full Member of the Division of Occupational Psychology
- Founder member of the Association of Business Psychologists
- Registered Occupational Psychologist with the Health & Care Professions Council
- Member of the Career Development Institute
- Founder member of the BPS Work Life Balance Working Group
- Registered Career Development Professional
Hannah holds Level A and Level B Certificates in Occupational Testing and is trained to use a number of psychometrics including OPQ, 16PF, Talent Q, Myers Briggs, Hogan, PRISM, Facet 5, Talent Gene and Morrisby.
As necessary, Hannah draws on the expertise of a core team of Associates, who are equally experienced and share her drive and values.
Hannah has been practising as an Occupational Psychologist since 1993. Examples of typical assignments over the years are as follows:
- One to one coaching - particularly those seeking a move from their first job to their second, either within or outside of their current organisation Private clients
- One to one career guidance and workshops in schools and colleges in East Sussex & Kent
- Provision of careers information, advice and guidance to children, young people and adults Private clients
- Delivery of CPD training to Career Guidance Professionals Babcock Enterprises
- Design of materials, assessing and interviewing for various positions Financial Services Authority
- One to one coaching and team building to senior management team Mack Multiples Ltd
- Assessing for Senior Civil Service promotion and delivering developmental feedback for successful and unsuccessful candidates Department for Business Excellence & Regulatory Reform
- Assessing for selection and promotion assessment centres Home Office, HMRC, DVLA, DfT
- Lead assessor for Performance Improvement Managers North West London Strategic Health Authority
- Facilitator for development centre for Advisors Investors in People
- Assessing on HEO/SEO assessment centres and writing feedback reports DVLA
- Proposing competencies and skills sets for prison staff to work with psychopaths – R&D and role analysis Her Majesty's Prison Service
- Assessing on assessment centres and evaluation of assessment centres. Assessing for Overseas Liaison Officers and evaluation of OLO assessment centres HMRC
- Design of Competency Based telephone interview for graduate entry scheme Arcadia
Our team is committed to meeting the needs of the client. As a result, a very high percentage of our business is from repeat clients and referrals.
Location and Facilities:
Our office is located just outside Battle, we also have access to conference and training facilities in Battle. We also have use of consulting rooms at Etchingham Station, which is a one hour train journey out of Charing Cross.
For larger on-site projects we would of course travel to your organisation.
If you are further afield either in the UK or overseas, many of the services that we offer can be delivered remotely - either through skype, telephone or email.